Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's just a bad idea

Today I was driving on a fairly major road when my wife suddenly pointed to our left and made an exclamation of surprise. I looked in time to see a tire roll forward and a pickup truck suddenly drop and start scraping the pavement, all of which surprised me as well. Since I am a certified tire tracker I was able to watch where the tire went and easily recovered it for the owner of the vehicle. When I returned it to the driver, however, I found that the dealership he had just purchased the car from had used, of all things, brads to attach the wheel to the car. Since I am a certified anti-brad evangelist I happened to have a pamphlet or two on the dangers of brads on me, and I generously shared them with our unlucky motorist. He assured me that he did not know they had used brads to attach the wheel, and his outrage at the dealer was clear. We hope that our supporters will spread the word to the less-credulous. At the GNU Public Dictatorship we are nothing if not certain that it is a bad idea to attach wheels to a car with household brads. Oh, and please remember that even though we defeated the Company, there are still a number of rogue cells of Brad Guys operating around the world, so we recommend unceasing vigilance!

No comments: