Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beware of Unintended Messages!

While I was taking a leisurely stroll at lunch time today I saw a car with a number of bumper stickers. As I was not engaged in anything else at the time, I decided to read them. Here is what I found:

  • "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
  • "Consciousness -- That confusing time between naps"
  • "Ever stop to think and forget to start again?"
At this point I had decided that either the owner of the car was a space cadet or the owner of the car wanted to project an image of a person just barely coping with life's complexities. Either way, the message sent by these stickers is one of enjoying ignorance or deluding one's self in order to be content. The final bumper sticker was the most interesting one, and was the one with a (presumably) unintended message:
  • "Ron Paul 2008: Hope for America"
I have to assume that the owner of the vehicle was indeed a supporter of Ron Paul for President, but combined with the other stickers the meaning conveyed was one of Ron Paul being the reality-challenged person's choice for President of the United States.

As we our currently rolling out our own bumper sticker campaign we thought it prudent to ask our supporters to be wary of unintended messages when you place our bumper sticker with the rest of them. At the GNU Public Dictatorship we are nothing if not committed to taking over the world, and with your help we can make it happen!

No comments: