Friday, September 14, 2012

Another note from "Natasha"

At the GNU Public Dictatorship we are nothing if not confused about "Natasha's" long-term loyalties.  She recently abandoned her post and married our former nemesis, but she did so not out of disdain for us or love for our former nemesis's former occupation, but out of everyday love.  Although she hid her infatuation from us quite skillfully, several of our well-placed-but-tricky-to-contact-quickly sources confirmed that they had their suspicions quite a while ago.  The situation gets even less clear when you consider that "Edgar" still wants to rule the world, but he swears he does not want to do so with evil office products.  In some ways he wants to fight along side the GPD, and in some ways he wants to crush it.  "Natasha's" latest note to us, while it does provide some clarity, raises even more questions about where she and "Edgar" want to be.  Here is the text of her latest note:
To Whom it May Concern:
While I regret that I am no longer able to continue my employment as an operative for the GNU Public Dictatorship's Board of Dictators, I would like to make it clear that I still have the skills and the motivation to fight evil office products in whatever form they may take.  I still intend to ruin the Parent Corporation, the Unholy Brotherhood of the Hole Punch, the New Company, and any other institution that tries to push these instruments of evil on society.  In the last few days I have been attempting to perform some missions on my own, but I have noticed that it is more difficult than it used to be.  For one thing my profile is much higher since I defected, and for another I do not have the team I used to have.  I am writing this note to ask whether I might be permitted to join in GPD missions where my skills would be an asset and where my profile would not compromise the mission.
Sincerely,
"Natasha"
We have considered her note in our board meetings and have agreed that she can still work with us on missions where her new loyalties will not compromise the situation.  We wish it was less complicated, but at lease we're learning more about where her loyalties lie!

No comments: